What is this blog about?

I have spent years posting thoughtful writings in a variety of social media, primary on Facebook and SailorBob.com (a USNI-sponsored* semi-anonymous forum for Surface Warfare Officers in the U.S. Navy).  My posts have generally been thoughtful and full of insight.  However, I have occasionally "crossed the breakers" by producing posts that came off as sarcastic, bitter, and rude, generally because I failed to provide the proper context or amplifying information.

Now that I'm approaching my retirement from the Navy (on 1 June 2021) and have the luxury of being in an Instructor position teaching leadership, I intend to leverage my 16 years of commissioned service (11 years, 7 months, and 7 days on sea duty in six ships), 15 years of marriage, and a variety of other experiences, to share my thoughts and hopefully entice my readers to develop independent thoughts and, in my own way, at least make a marginal improvement to the world.

Very respectfully,

HB

*USNI - United States Naval Institute, which is a non-profit organization that serves as the Navy's defacto publishing house as well as an independent forum for active-duty Sailors/Marines, Veterans, and anyone who happens to be interested in naval matters.  Tom Clancy's novels were published by USNI.  Being located in Annapolis, MD, where my beloved United States Naval Academy is located, is a perfect arrangement.

Comments

Popular Posts